Google Pay users can now block/unblock any person. Yes, you can now block and unblock any UPI ID and mobile number on your Gpay account.
If you are receiving lots of spam payment requests from unknown users then you can blacklist those users permanently.
Block any UPI ID Or Mobile number on Google Pay
(1) Login to Google Pay and on the home screen you can see the search bar (pay by name or phone number), tap on the search bar and you can see all recent UPI IDs and mobile number list. (Please check the below screenshot). Select the UPI ID or mobile number which you want to block.
(2) When you select UPI or mobile number, next screen chat screen will be opened. Tap on the three vertical dots located on the top right side as you can see in the below image.
(3) You will see the “Block this Person” and “Report user” options. If you just want to block the person then select “Block this person” and if you want to report and block this person then choose “Report User”
(4) Now tap on the “block” button and blacklist the person.
That’s it. Now this blocked user will not be able to contact you on Google Pay.
How to Block New UPI ID or Mobile Number not available in your recent transaction list
If you are looking to block a new UPI ID or mobile number that is not available in your recent transaction list, you can do this:
On the home screen, you can see the “Pay UPI ID or number” & “Pay Phone number” options. Select your preferred option and enter the UPI ID or mobile number.
Next screen chat screen will be opened and you need to tap on three vertical dots as we discussed earlier, and select the “Block the person” option.
How to Unblock The UPI ID & Mobile Number if you blocked by mistake
The person you have blocked can’t contact you on Google Pay. If you have blocked the person’s UPI ID or mobile number by mistake then follow these steps to unblock.
(1) Open the Google Pay “Settings” in the profile section.
(2) In the settings, open “Privacy & Security”
(3) Now choose the “blocked people” option.
(4) Now unblock the person from here. Just tap on the “Unblock”
I hope you find this article helpful on how to block and unblock UPI IDs and mobile numbers on Google Pay.