It is not mandatory to register your email ID with your Canara Bank account, however, if you want to receive email statement, transaction alerts, and important account-related mail then you can link your email ID with your Canara bank account.
If you want to register or update your email ID with your Canara bank account then here is the step-by-step process:
Register/Update Your email ID in Canara Bank Online
(1) Open the Canara internet banking page (https://online.canarabank.in) and login using your user ID and password.
(2) After login to your net banking account, you can see the “Other Services” section, click and open this section and click on the “Update Email ID” option. (For your reference check the below image)
(3) Next screen you can see your current email ID, click on “Update” and proceed.
(4) Enter your new email address and click on the update.
(5) An OTP will be sent to your newly entered email ID, type OTP and click on the update.
(6) Next screen you need to enter your transaction password and OTP received on your registered mobile number to verify your account.
(7) Congrats, your email ID is now updated successfully. It will be activated after 24 hours.
So this is how Canara Bank customers can change or update their registered email ID online. Similar way you can register your email ID if it is not registered with your account. You can now subscribe for the free email statement facility and get monthly account statement directly to your mailbox.