You can change/correct Aadhaar Card demographics data like name, address, date of birth, and Gender online through UIDAI website and mobile application. Here we will tell you step by step, how you can update or correct your name in Aadhaar card online through UIDAI website.
- How to change Aadhaar card address online
- How to change online Registered mobile number in Aadhaar card
Please note, to change your Aadhaar card details online your Mobile Number must be registered with Aadhaar Card. You will receive OTP during the correction process on this number.
If you have registered your mobile number with your Aadhar Card, then follow the below steps and correct your name in Aadhaar Card online.
Correct / Change Aadhaar Card Name Online
(1) First of all, visit UIDAI official website and click on “Update Demographics Data Online”
(2) Next screen, click on Proceed to Update Aadhaar.
(3) And on the next screen, enter your 12-digits Aadhaar number, enter the captcha code and click on Send OTP. You will get OTP on your Aadhaar card registered mobile number. You need to enter this OTP and click on the login button.
(4) After login, next screen click on “Update Demographics Data”
(5) And the next screen, select “Name” option and click on the proceed.
(6) Now type your correct name, select a valid document from this list, and upload a scanned self-attested copy of the selected document and click on preview.
(7) And the next screen, you can view the preview of the uploaded document. Now you need to pay Rs.50 charges. Enter the captcha code and click on Send OTP. Enter OTP received on your Aadhaar registered mobile number and click on Make Payment.
You can pay online using a Debit card, net banking, and UPI. After successful payment, your Aadhaar card name correction request will be sent to UIDAI and you will get the URN number to track your status.
How To Track Aadhaar Card Name Update request using URN number
You can track your update request using URN number received on your mobile number.
Just visit the UIDAI website and click on “Check Online Demographics Update Status” and enter your URN number to track your status.