The Assam Social Welfare Department has a program called the “Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Scheme” to help people with disabilities. The goal is to give each disabled person a monthly payment of ₹1,000 to help them take care of their health. This program covers all disabled people in Assam who have an official certificate proving their disability, and there are 21 different types of disabilities recognized under the law. The aim is to empower and support people with disabilities in Assam.
Benefits of Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Scheme
Under the “Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Scheme,” beneficiaries will enjoy the following benefits:
Monthly Pension: Each eligible beneficiary will receive a monthly pension of ₹1,000/-. This financial assistance aims to provide a steady income to individuals with disabilities, helping them cover their basic needs and improve their overall quality of life.
This monthly pension can be crucial for people with disabilities, as it offers financial stability and support for their healthcare, day-to-day living expenses, and enhances their ability to lead more independent and dignified lives.
To qualify for the “Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Scheme,” individuals must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Residency: The applicant must be a resident of Assam, indicating that they must live in the state of Assam to be eligible for this pension scheme.
- Disability Certificate: The applicant must possess a Disability Certificate issued by the competent Government Authority of Health Services in the respective district. This certificate should confirm that the person has a disability of 40% or higher. In essence, this means that the individual must have a significant disability to be eligible for the pension.
- Educational Qualification: There are no specific educational qualifications required to apply for this pension scheme. It is open to individuals of all educational backgrounds.
- Age: There is no age limit or age bar for applicants. People of all ages with the qualifying disability can apply for the scheme.
- Bank Account: The applicant must have a personal bank account with any Nationalized Bank. This requirement ensures that the monthly pension can be directly deposited into the beneficiary’s bank account for ease of access and financial management.
These eligibility criteria are in place to ensure that individuals with significant disabilities who are residents of Assam can access the financial support provided by the scheme, regardless of their age or educational background.
Application Process (Offline):
For individuals who wish to apply for the “Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Scheme,” the application process is as follows:
Step 01: Complete Application Form
- The applicant should provide all the required information in the prescribed application form.
Step 02: Obtain the Application Form
- The application form can be obtained free of charge from local offices, specifically from the District Social Welfare Officer or the Child Development Project Officers.
Step 03: Fill and Submit Application
- The applicant must complete the application form in full and attach all the necessary documents as specified in the form.
- Submit the application form, along with the required documents, to the respective District Social Welfare Office.
Step 04: Verification by District Social Welfare Officer
- The District Social Welfare Officer in the concerned district is responsible for verifying the information provided in the applications.
- After reviewing the applications, the District Social Welfare Officer will convene a meeting of the District Level Selection Committee, which is established and announced by the Government.
Step 05: Finalizing Beneficiary List
- The District Level Selection Committee is tasked with finalizing the list of beneficiaries while ensuring that all eligibility criteria are met in accordance with the established guidelines.
- The committee recommends and approves the final list of beneficiaries, which is then submitted to the Directorate for further processing.
- The Directorate is responsible for the financial sanction and the release of funds directly to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system.
This offline application process ensures that the appropriate authorities verify eligibility and allocate financial assistance to eligible individuals with disabilities in accordance with the government’s guidelines.