In this post, we will tell you – Which documents required to open a saving account in State Bank of India (SBI). If you wish to open a saving account in SBI then read this guide and know the requirement to open an account.
Ok so let’s see which documents needed to open saving account in SBI.
Which Documents needed to Open SBI Saving Account
Any Individual who desires to open a Saving bank account in SBI need to furnish the following documents:-
1. Permanent Account Number (PAN) or Form No. 60 (except in case of small accounts): Pan card required when you open a normal saving account.
2. Photograph: Passport size photocopy
3. At least one copy of any Officially Valid Documents (OVD’s) mentioned below, as proof of identity and current address:
- a. Passport
- b. Driving License
- c. Aadhaar Card
- d. Voter ID card issued by Election Commission of India
- e. Job card issued by NREGA duly signed by an officer of the State Government
- f. Letter issued by the National Population Register containing details of name and address
Other Valid Address proof Documents:
a. Utility bill which is not more than two months old of any service provider (electricity, telephone, post-paid mobile phone, piped gas, water bill)
b. Property or Municipal tax receipt
c. Pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by Government Departments or Public -Sector Undertakings, if they contain the address.
d. Letter of allotment of accommodation from employer issued by State Government or Central Government Departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institution, listed companies and lease and license agreements with such employers allotting official accommodation.
Q.1: I have not Pan card what I do?
Ans: Please apply for Pan card online or offline. You can submit an application for PAN card online and also apply offline at the nearest Pan center.
Q.2: My Aadhaar card address is not updated, What I do?
Ans: You can update your Aadhaar card address online.
Q.3: After applying SBI account online, do I need to submit documents?
Ans: When you open a digital account, you need to submit KYC within 1 year and when you apply for a normal saving account online, you need to submit documents and filled form at the branch.