The situation is that my Father holds an HDFC Bank account. Unfortunately, the bank branch is located quite far from my current location. My Father wants to change his HDFC account registered mobile number, but he is unable to do so due to the inconvenience of the distant branch. Additionally, there are no HDFC ATMs available near me to update the mobile number.
I recently searched online for instructions on how to change or update an HDFC account registered mobile number online and I found the HDFC Insta service, which allows HDFC Bank customers to easily update their registered mobile number online, without requiring any net banking services. Read This also: How to block UPI Debit for HDFC Bank account
With HDFC insta service, I successfully changed my father’s HDFC Bank account registered mobile number instantly.
In the following steps, I will guide you on how to update your mobile number that is linked to your HDFC bank account through Insta service.
Update HDFC Bank Registered Mobile Number Online With Insta Service
(1) You just need to visit HDFC Bank’s official website and find the Insta Service option OR you can search on Google “HDFC Insta Service” and open the Insta service page from the Google search results.
(2) You will find the “Update Mobile Number” option on the Insta Service page, click and open.
(3) Click on “Let’s Begin” and proceed to update your mobile number.
(4) On the next screen:-
- Do you currently have access to the mobile number registered with us? Select the “Yes” option. If you don’t have a current registered mobile number then select “NO“
- Identify using, select any option PAN, customer ID OR Date of Birth and enter its details.
- Now click on the Get OTP to receive OTP on your current mobile number.
(4) You will receive an OTP on your current HDFC Account registered mobile number. Submit your OTP and verify your number.
(5) Next screen you will be asked to enter your new mobile number. Type your 10-digit new mobile number here and click on Verify using OTP.
(6) Now verify your new mobile number with OTP. An OTP will be sent to your new mobile number. Enter the OTP and confirm.
(8) After verifying your Debit card details, your request to change your mobile number will be sent to the bank. You will receive a confirmation SMS and email on your current registered mobile number and email address.
If you want to cancel your request and don’t want to change/update your mobile number, you can cancel your request within 48 hours. You will get a cancellation link via email/SMS.
When your HDFC HDFC-registered mobile Number will be Updated?
We have successfully submitted the HDFC Bank account registered mobile number updation request. Now wait for 48 hours to update your mobile number.
After a period of 48 hours, your mobile number update request will be processed and completed successfully. Once the process is completed, you will be notified via SMS and email alerts.
After updating your HDFC Bank account registered mobile number online, you will receive all your transactional and OTP alerts on your new number.