If you are an IDBI customer, you can now apply for a free virtual debit card online through your mobile banking application, while still keeping your physical debit card active.
Nowadays, most banks offer a free virtual debit card facility, which allows you to make online payments easily and securely without the need for a physical debit card. This virtual debit card can be used to make online payments on e-commerce websites, merchant websites, and payment gateways that accept debit cards. Read also: Create ATM PIN online for IDBI Debit Card
IDBI Bank has recently introduced a new feature on their mobile banking platform – the Virtual Debit Card. This allows users to obtain a free virtual debit card in just a few seconds. If you are interested in this feature, follow our step-by-step instructions to get your Virtual Debit Card now.
How To Get IDBI Bank Account Virtual Debit Card Online for Free on Mobile Banking
You can apply for a Virtual Debit Card and manage usage and limits through the IDBI Mobile Banking application. Please follow these instructions:-
(1) Open your IDBI Mobile Banking and open the “Cards” dashboard to view your Debit cards, credit cards and Virtual Cards.
(2) Now go to the ‘Debit Card‘ option where you can manage your physical and virtual debit cards.
(3)In the Debit Card section, you can create a virtual card by selecting the “Virtual Card” option. You can manage and view your virtual Debit card by opening this option.
(4) We will create a Virtual Debit Card so tap on the “Create Virtual Card” option.
(5) On the create virtual card screen, select your IDBI account number, select your card type (VISA, RUPAY OR MasterCard), select your card variant classic, set your card validity and click on next.
(6) Tap on the confirm button and then select “Receive OTP via SMS”
(7) Now enter the 6-digit OTP you have received on your IDBI registered mobile number and submit.
(8) Done! Your IDBI Bank account Virtual Debit Card is generated. Now wait for 2 working days for card activation. Once your card is activated, you can use it online for payments. Tap on “View Virtual Card” to check your card number, expiry date and CVV.
(9) Next screen you can view your Virtual Debit Card and check your card’s 16-digit number, and expiry date. Tap on “View CVV” to check your 3-digit CVV number.
How To Manage your IDBI Bank Account Virtual Debit Card
You can manage your free Virtual Debit Card on mobile banking. Just tap on the “Manage Debit Card” section. You can set a limit for your card.
- To check your Virtual Debit card details, tap on the “Virtual card” option.
FAQs related to the IDBI Virtual Debit Card
Q.1: Could you clarify if there are any charges for the IDBI Virtual Debit Card?
- No. IDBI Virtual Debit Card is Free and you can get it through Mobile Banking.
Q.2: Where Can I use the IDBI Bank Virtual Card?
- You can use it online for payments like e-commerce websites.
Q.3: What is the validity period of this card?
- You can set the validity period for the card up to a maximum of 5 years.
Q.4: How to use IDBI Virtual Debit Card?
- You can use an IDBI Virtual Debit card for online payments. Simply go to the payment page of the merchant website and choose the “Debit Card” option. Then, log in to your mobile banking and check the details of your virtual debit card, such as the card number, CVV, and expiry date. Enter these details on the payment page and complete your transaction.