Now you can open Saving Account at any Post Office near you, just like you open an account in other bank.
Yes, now Indian Post Office also gives you the facility to open Saving Account, this facility is specially for general and middle class people who want to open their bank account in very small balance.
As you all know, it is very important to have a bank account today. Recently in demonetization, those people were more suffered who did not have their own bank account, at that time those people realized that how important is it to have a bank account.
But now you do not have to worry, you do not need to deposit thousands of rupees to open a bank account and there is no need to maintain that because the Indian Postal Department came for you – launched Saving account facility
So let us see how to open your Saving Account at the Post Office and also see what facility you will get in this Saving Account.
Benefits of Post Office Saving Account
- By depositing only Rs.20 you can open your account.
- 4% interest will be given to you, which is usually given by all banks.
- Cheque Book facility also available for you by deposit Rs. 500
- You have to maintain your account for just Rs.50 per month.
- ATM Card facility
- Internet banking facility
- You can also open Joint Account.
- You can also transfer your account to another post office.
Overall, you will get all the amenities that are usually given to you by all banks.
Rates & Interest Detail
|Rate of interest||4% per annum|
|Minimum Amount for Opening||INR 20/-|
|Interest earned is Tax Free||up to INR 10,000/- per year from financial year 2012-13|
|Cheque facility available if an account is opened with||INR 500/-|
|For Cheque facility minimum balance in an account is to be maintained||INR 500/-|
|Minimum balance to be maintained in a non-cheque facility account||INR 50/-|
How to open Post Office Saving Account
To open your savings account in the post office, you have to go to your nearest post office. Online application facility is not available yet.
You have to take some important documents and deposit money with you, here is detail: –
- Address Proof: For Address Proof, you have to take a Light bill, ration card, Aadhar card, Election card together. Take Original and Xerox copy. If you don’t want to face any difficulty then take all these documents with you.
- ID Proof: For ID proof you can take Aadhar card, PAN card, election card, passport.
- 2-Passport Size Photo: Take 2 passport size photo along with you.
- Deposit Amount: Rs.20 Deposit require during account opening and if you want cheque book also then you need to deposit Rs.500
Just take these things along with you and any Post Office, where you have to fill the Saving account opening form and submit your Documents and Deposit money.
That’s all Your account will be opened.
So friends, if you also want to open your Saving account and you do not have enough money for Deposit and your financial condition is such that you unable keep more money in the bank, then you can open your account at Post Office.