As you know, it is mandatory for all Pan cardholders to link their Pan Card with an Aadhaar card. If your Pan-Aadhaar linking is still pending then now you need to pay a 1000 penalty amount for the delay in linking Pan with Aadhaar. Without paying this penalty, you cannot link your Pan with Aadhaar.
So if you don’t know how to pay this 1000 penalty amount then here we will help you. In this post, we will tell you the complete process how to pay this penalty online.
Pay 1000 Penalty Amount Online for Delay in Linking Pan with Aadhaar
(1) Visit Income Tax official website and here in Quick Links, you will find the “e-Pay Tax” option, just select this option and proceed.
(2) Next screen type your Pan Card number, confirm your Pan number and enter your mobile number and continue.
(3) An OTP will be sent to your entered mobile number, enter this OTP and continue.
(4) Next screen you have successfully verified through OTP, hit the continue button and proceed.
(5) Now select ‘Income Tax” option and click on Proceed.
(6) On the next screen, Assessment Year select “2024-2025“, Type of Payment (Minor Head) select “Other Receipts (500)” & Sub-type of Payment select “Fee for delay in linking Pan with Aadhaar” and continue.
(7) Next screen you can total payable amount (1000), click on continue.
(8) Select your payment methods. You can pay using net banking, debit card, RTGS, or NEFT. I suggest select Net Banking or Debit Card option.
(9) After successful payment you can see your payment was successful screen. Do not close this tab, just wait 5 seconds and you will be redirected to Income Tax website.
(10) You have successfully paid the 1000 penalty amount. Now you can download your challan PDF file to know your payment status number.
After paying your penalty amount, you need to wait for 2-3 hours and then you can link your Pan card with Aadhaar Card.