Senior Citizens can now get 50% concession on railway ticket booking through IRCTC website. This facility available online when you book reservation ticket through IRTCTC website.
Here we will tell you the step by step process on how to avail concession on railway ticket for Senior citizens.
What is Senior citizen concession?
Indian Railways grant concession in the fares of all classes of Mail/Express/Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi/Duronto group of trains to Male Senior Citizens of minimum 60 years and Female Senior Citizen of minimum 58 years.
The element of concession is 40% for men and 50% for women.
How To Get Senior Citizen Concession in Indian Railways Online
|Men – 60 years and above||— 40% in all classes|
|Women – 60 years and above||— 50% in all classes|
Now see step by step process to avail concession:
- Now plan your journey, enter from and to stations detail and click on Find trains.
(2) In the train list, select your train & class and click on Book now.
(3) And in the last step, add passenger details. Enter the name, age, select gender, select berth preference (Lower, upper etc). In Senior Citizen Concession column, select “Avail Concession” (see below screenshot)
The same way you can Add other passengers too. All senior citizens eligible for concession.
And finally, complete your payment and book your ticket.
What is Forgo senior citizen concession?
Senior Citizen Passengers eligible for Senior Citizen concession who wish to opt out of the concession fully OR some part and contribute towards Nation Development may book their tickets without the concession element.
- To book tickets without Senior Citizen concession, such passengers can select “Forgo Full Concession” option under “Option for Senior Citizen Concession” section of Passenger Details form.
- To book tickets with 50% of Senior Citizen concession, such passengers can select “Forgo 50% Concession” option under “Option for Senior Citizen Concession” section of Passenger Details form.
Hope you understand now how to get senior citizens concession in Indian railway ticket booking through IRCTC.