Canara Bank customers can now temporarily Block/Unblock Canara ATM Debit Card online and enhance the security of their ATM card.
What is a temporary Block/Unblock?
For security reasons, you can temporarily block your Canara ATM card and whenever you need to use your card (online/offline), you can again unblock your card.
- Related Topic: How to apply for Canara Debit Card Online
Instead of blocking your card permanently, you can use this temporary card block/unblock feature. For your ATM card security, you can follow this feature.
- Related topic: Canara Bank ATM Pin generation online
Block/Unblock Canara Bank Debit Card using Mobile Banking
(1) Login to Canara Bank mobile banking application and open the “Cards” section. Now select the “Block/Unblock Card” option as you can see in the below screenshot.
(2) Next screen tap on “Block Temporarily” option and your Debit card will be blocked temporrayly.
(3) To unblock your Debit card, simply tap on the “Block/Unblock Card” option and then select the “Unblock Temporarily” option.
Temporary Block/Unblock Canara Bank ATM/Debit Card Using Net Banking
Please note that when you temporarily block your card then you can not withdraw money from the ATM machine and can not use your card online. To use your card again you need to unblock your card first.
See how you can switch ON/OFF Canara Bank ATM card.
1) Login to Canara Net Banking: https://netbanking.canarabank.in/
2) After login, click on Cards option. Now click on Temporary Block/Un-Block option.
- Now select Action type: Block Temporarily, select your card and submit your request.
Next screen confirm your request.
After verifying your request with OTP, your ATM card will be switched off and you can not perform any transaction.
To switch ON your ATM card again, select Cards – Temporary Block/Unblock.
- Select Unblock-Activate option. After unblocking your card, you can use our card again.
So this is how Canara Bank customers can temporarily Block/Unblock ATM Debit card online. ATM card On/off facility really very helpful to secure your card when you are not using it.