Now create your unique official SBI account UPI ID (VPA) from YONO SBI application. You can create your UPI profile on the YONO app and link your bank account with your UPI ID to send/receive money.
What is SBI UPI ID?
Your SBI UPI ID (VPA) is like a unique email ID and is used to transfer money directly to a bank account. It is linked to your mobile number and Bank account. When you share your UPI ID, the sender can directly transfer money to your SBI account through UPI with your UPI ID.
You don’t need to share your bank account and IFSC code to receive money in your bank account. If the sender is transferring money through UPI then you can share your UPI ID.
How to Create Your Unique SBI Account UPI ID with YONO
(1) Launch your YONO SBI app and sign in with your login pin. If you don’t know your MPIN then you can also login with your net banking username and login password. After login, Open the “YONO Pay” section.
(2) In the YONO Pay section, you will find many payment options for money transfer, you need to select “BHIM UPI” here.
(3) Next screen you can create your UPI account on YONO SBI. Make sure your bank account-linked mobile number SIM is available on your phone. Tap on the “Create/Retrieve UPI Profile” option.
(4) Next screen you need to choose your Bank account-linked mobile number SIM card and proceed. Your mobile number will be verified by SMS.
(5) Once your mobile number is verified, you need to select “State Bank of India” from the bank list and proceed.
(6) Next screen you can generate your official SBI Account UPI ID. Enter your desired UPI ID or select from suggestions. Now set your secret question and answer, select your bank account to link with UPI ID and proceed further.
(7) Alright your UPI ID is now successfully created. This UPI ID is linked to your SBI account and mobile number. So you can share your UPI ID to receive money from any person who sending money via UPI.
(8) After creating your UPI ID, you need to create your UPI PIN with your debit card. Once you complete this step, you will be able to transfer money from your bank account to any account via UPI.
(9) Once your YONO SBI UPI account is ready, you can open the BHIM UPI section to manage your UPI account. You can transfer money to any bank account using UPI ID, mobile number, bank account details and QR code. You can share your UPI ID to receive money in your bank account through UPI.
- If you wish to change or create a new UPI ID then click on the “Manage” option.
(10) In the manage option, you can tap on the “Create new” option to create another new UPI ID and link with your bank account. Here you can change or reset your PIN, check your balance and check your all UPI IDs.
If you are an SBI customer and want to create an official UPI ID for your bank account, it’s recommended to use YONO SBI to instantly generate your unique UPI ID.